Frequent consumption of spicy and heavy foods compromises the digestive health and renders one more vulnerable to intestinal disorders. The system gets toxic, a result of the production of free radicals and gases inside the body. Hence, there is a need to detoxify the body from such harmful materials through observation of a detox diet within a certain period. It is possible to flush toxins out of your body by taking a diet containing sufficient vegetables and fruits.
Detox Diet Plan
Knowledge on the advantages of detox diets is useful and you’ll get encouraged to continue following your natural diet for a moment. It is impossible to jump into this plan straight away by scarifying some of your favorite foods. Wait for 3 or more days to be acquainted with these foods and then you’ll find the difference enjoyable. Make a plan with a goal well in advance and then observe a diet which suits your system. Go for foods which detoxify the body. Here are some tips on a detox diet.
Citrus fruits are the most efficient detoxifying agents hence feature in a detox diet. Take watery and citrus fruits constantly for 2 days. Begin your days with a glass containing fresh lemon juice which is stirred with honey. You may add crushed holy basil leaves inside it. Wait for an hour and then take a dish containing varied vegetables mixed with some citrus fruits. The plate will have cucumber, broccoli, melons and oranges among others. Eat to your satisfaction. Take a light water-based soup during lunchtime. Take pineapple and apple slices during the afternoon. Vegetable or fruit salad is preferable at dinner time. During the two days, you need to restrict yourself against drinking aerated drinks, canned juices or fast foods. Take green tea. Alongside these, take 3 or more liters of warm water daily.
A naturally occurring detox diet constituting vegetable juices and fresh fruits effectively eliminates harmful toxins found in the body. Juice made using sweet lime, pineapple, watermelon, grapes and oranges contain minerals and antitoxins. Take a liquid diet for three days and then note the difference. Vegetables such as spinach and yam serve as wonderful detoxifying agents. Juices may also prevent unnecessary weight gain. Take juices in their natural form. A glass containing fresh mixed juice plus a plate full of boiled vegetables remains the best way to begin the day while under this diet. You have the option of alternating the lunch menu by drinking vegetable juices and eating fruit salads. Eat a mixture of carrot salad with peaches, pineapples, pomegranates, berries or pears during dinner.
Soups are necessary in keeping you full the whole day. Consider soup recipes which require no addition of spices. Boil the vegetables and then add pepper and salt. Drink while warm without garnishing using butter or cheese. Take soups for a two-day period alongside plenty of fruits and water. To vary the flavor and taste, stir in coconut milk. Eat buttermilk or yogurt as you follow soup diets. You may sauté the vegetables in olive oil.
During pregnancy, women often get misled by the false notion of binging for two. Although, its true that you’ll need those extra calories during your pregnancy, you must aim at getting those extra calories with healthier food choices. The best thing about making wise choices of healthy food to eat while pregnant is that most of these foods are really tasty.
Apart from the usual fruit, vegetable, fiber and whole-grain bread recommendation, here’s a list of essential healthy food to eat while pregnant, that ought to make it to your grocery shopping cart.
Top 10 choices of healthy food to eat while pregnant:
1. Fresh or dried plums are filled with powerful antioxidants. These are great for constipation relief, commonly experienced in pregnancy.
2. Beets are rich in folate. It has natural red pigments that possess potent antioxidants. This will help in strengthening your immune system.
3. Pumpkin seeds make a healthy snack since they are rich in magnesium. Taking a high level of magnesium will reduce the risk of fatal death in the early months of pregnancy.
4. Cabbage is loaded with cancer-fighting enzymes. Eat it chopped and raw as a crunchy sandwich or burger topping. You could also add it to your salad.
5. For a quick, handy snack, grab a few natural almonds sprinkled with cinnamon. Almonds are filled with minerals and vitamins that will ensure that your baby receives all of the essential nutrients it requires the most. Just don’t eat too many because they contain a lot of fat.
6. Frozen and fresh blueberries will support a healthier immune system and improved memory.
7. Cinnamon will control your cholesterol levels and blood sugar. Controlling your blood sugar during pregnancy is particularly important. Add it in some hot chocolate or your oatmeal to derive its health benefits.
8. Fresh pumpkin, when cooked into a soup, will offer increased immunity. It is also a rich source of fiber and helps relieve constipation.
9. Sardines are rich sources of omega 3, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper, iron, magnesium and vitamin B complex.
10. Turmeric is a great spice as it carries anti inflammatory and anti cancer properties.
Your appetite is the best indicator of the quantity of foods you must eat during pregnancy. However, you must choose healthy food to eat while pregnant. The above selection offers you several tasty treats and also provide nutrient rich benefits for you and your baby’s overall health.
Vegetarian diet must also be filled with protein rich healthy food during pregnancy. Foods that contain protein are essential for your baby’s cellular development and growth. Rice and beans when combined, offer incredibly rich sources of protein. Also, most people don’t know that spinach and broccoli have more protein than red meat.
For non-vegetarians, healthy food to eat while pregnant includes protein rich food items such as beef, turkey, tuna, eggs and chicken. These are especially rich in protein per ounce. Just be aware that these foods also have an excessive amount of saturated fat.
Peppermint tea is great especially during the first trimester of your pregnancy, since it calms down the digestive tract and relieves morning sickness as well as heartburn.
It is a good idea to choose healthy food to eat while pregnant not only to help in your baby’s growth but also to ensure that those excess pounds don’t creep in and increase an uncomfortable feeling towards the end of your pregnancy.
A natural process which has a biological purpose to initiate the healing by increasing the circulation is known as inflammation. It is a process which involves the vascular system and immune system. It also involves interplay of various chemical mediators and is known as a complex process. Here, the nourishment and the white blood cells are brought by the increased circulation to the place of infection or injury so that the invading pathogens are killed and the damaged ones are repaired.
The characteristics of inflammation are heat, redness, swelling and pain. Inflammation can be either treated by medicines or naturally by being on a diet. Medicines have side effects, so natural anti inflammatory foods are consumed for better performance without any risk. However, different foods are said to be metabolized differently, some of it promote inflammation while others reduce it. Here are some of the natural anti inflammatory foods.
1. Vegetables and Fruits: Vegetables and fruits of green and bright color help the process of inflammatory. Vegetables and fruits are rich in minerals, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants by which the body gets the essential building blocks for health, for example, squash, sweet potatoes, avocados, beans, lentils, dark green leafy vegetables and cruciferous vegetables. There are many antioxidants and phytochemicals present in the vegetables and fruits that have anti inflammatory properties.
2. Fats: Foods like coconut oil, nuts, sardines, salmon, olive oil and avocados are natural anti inflammatory foods which are very healthy. Omega 3 fatty acids are also natural anti inflammatory agents which are converted into prostaglandins, a hormone like substance. These are found in oily fish of cold water like mackerel, herring and salmon. These are also found in flax seed which is also known as linseed and its oil. The omega 6 fats also help in reducing the pain and inflammation and these are found in sesame seed oil, safflower, sunflower and pumpkin.
3. Spices: There are many spices which help in reducing the inflammation out of which turmeric is the best. It is the best natural anti inflammatory food which is recommended to the patients suffering from arthritis. It can either be taken as a supplement or it can be added to the food. Other spices used for reducing the inflammation are rosemary, cinnamon, garlic, ginger and oregano. Polyphenols and bioflavanoids are used to reduce inflammation as well as fight with the free radicals. Cayenne pepper too is used as anti inflammatory as it has capsicum present in it and capsicums are often used in creams for pain relief.
4. Grain: Whole grains are natural anti inflammatory foods which are rich in complex carbohydrates. The complex carbohydrates help in preventing spikes in the sugar level of the blood because the sugar promotes inflammation. However, grains should be not refined as these have bran and germ and if it is been removed then there is a loss of minerals, vitamins and fiber. Some of the best grains are bulgar, oats, whole oats, quinoa, whole wheat and couscous.
Eating a diet rich in fruit and vegetables is certain to benefit people suffering with kidney disease. They can experience a variety of problems from eating a poor diet, such as cardiovascular disease and increased inflammation. Let’s take a look at six healthy foods that can form part of a kidney-friendly diet:
Red bell peppers
Red bell peppers are easily added to the diet as part of a chicken or tuna salad, an appetizer or a snack. This vegetable is high in flavor, low in potassium, and a great source of fiber, folic acid, vitamin A and vitamin C. A major reason the peppers benefit is the high lycopene content which is a type of antioxidant.
Cabbage is one of the many cruciferous vegetables and rich in the chemical compound phytochemicals which is known to help fight-off free radical damage. This vegetable is a great choice because of the low potassium content and high fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K content. Cabbage is very versatile with plenty of options to add to a meal. Also, it can be prepared by boiling, steaming or using the microwave.
Garlic is beneficial for the health in many different ways, such as reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol and preventing the build up of plaque on the teeth. It is very easy to add to a pasta, vegetable or meal dish, and comes in powdered, minced, bottled form, as well as fresh cloves. Also, it is a useful option to flavor dishes for those patients who have been recommended a low-sodium diet.
The cauliflower is a further type of cruciferous vegetable that is a reliable source of fiber, folate and vitamin C. Plus, it is high in compounds like thiocyanates, glucosinolates and indoles which help the liver in the process of neutralizing toxic substances in the body. Cauliflower is highly versatile and easy to use in plenty of dishes. It can even be used as a satisfactory alternative for mashed potatoes for those on a kidney-friendly diet.
Apples are very beneficial health wise and high in anti-inflammatory compounds and fiber. This fruit is known to help lower the risk of heart disease, prevent constipation and reduce cholesterol. It is a versatile fruit that gives the option to make a sauce, blend into fresh juice, stew, bake, or simply eat raw.
A regular serving of blueberries can introduce a good amount of fiber, antioxidants, manganese and vitamin C to the body. Also, they are rich in natural compounds that can help to control issues with inflammation.
1. Eat more fruits and veggies
· “Ultimately, the food pyramid recommends a total of nine servings of fruits and vegetables,” says Lisa Young, PhD, author of The Portion Teller Plan and adjunct professor of nutrition at New York University. No need to be worried about having to try to eat nine servings a day just start adding these things to your everyday meal. For example, if you eat cereal for breakfast then cut up a banana and put it in there, or even putting spinach on your sandwiches. I practice the “50 percent rule”: aim to have half of your lunch or dinner plate covered in veggies. Not only will this help you get your nutrition fix in, but you’ll also likely shed some weight because veggies have less calories than other foods like breads, pasta, chips or anything else we eat daily.
2. Watch for liquid calories
· Soda is all sugar, not only is there no nutritional value to it, it just racks up your daily calories. Go with water anytime you are thirsty. Eight glasses of water are recommended per day, but you can always put flavoring into your waters.
3. Eat more fiber
Fiber doesn’t only keep you full but it also can help you lose weight. The best way to put more fiber into your diet is to change your white bread for whole grain. Or even get those fiber dissolvable powder and put it in a glass of water a day.
4. Be a smart shopper
· Eat BEFORE you go to the grocery store. If you don’t you will be more tempted to buying foods you should not be eating simply because they look good and easy to make. When shopping look at the nutrition content for things like no (or low) saturated fat, low sodium, and high fiber.
5. Start snacking smart
· We all snack because it holds us over until our next actual meal. Prepare yourself with smart, packable choices like a whole fruit, a granola bar, or a yogurt. If you are more of a savory and indulgent person you can have almonds or a slice of cheese just remember your portions.
6. Plan ahead
· Meal prepping can be your best friend. Find a day in the week that you have about two hours of downtime. Find some recipes online and make foods for the week and store them in your fridge or freezer. If you don’t want to meal prep like that just make sure whenever you go out for long periods of time to bring something from home like a sandwich or some small snacks. It will keep you on track.
7. Pace your eating
· If you are anything like me and eat your meals in record time try to slow it down and stretch your meals to 30 minutes. Eating slowly can cause you to eat less calories per meal. Sipping on water between bites, chewing completely and just being mindful can help you slow down your eating.
The human brain is one of the true wonders of nature. More powerful than any supercomputer, it deserves to be at its best at all times. To accomplish this, I recommend taking the best brain supplements you can find and afford. There are certain supplements that are very effective at improving the overall performance and health of the brain. I have narrowed it down to what I consider to be the 5 best brain supplements, and I will describe them in great detail in this article.
• Standardized extract of Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo biloba is one of the oldest trees in the world. It has been on Earth for over 250 million years, and nearly every other tree and plant from that time period is long extinct. Ginkgo biloba increases blood circulation to the brain. This results in improved cognition and decreased brain degeneration in the long term. I recommend a standardized extract of ginkgo biloba, and there are many high-quality ones available.
2. Krill Oil
Krill oil is one of my favorite supplements, and it is one of the best brain supplements out there. The brain contains a large amount of an Omega 3 fat called DHA(docosahexanoic acid) and krill oil provides your body directly with quite a bit of this DHA. I recommend Dr. Mercola’s krill oil, as it is the only one I take and personally recommend.
Megahydrate is the most powerful antioxidant supplement in the world. The reason a powerful antioxidant supplement is necessary for the brain is due to the fact that the brain uses a ton of oxygen. It uses about 20% of the body’s total oxygen. This means you need to continually take antioxidant supplements to keep your brain cells from being damaged by oxidation and free radicals.
4. Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 supports the ability of your nerve impulses to conduct from one nerve to another, and when this function is impaired it can lead to brain fog and memory loss. The difficulty lies in finding a B12 supplement that is effective. B12 patches and under-the-tongue sprays are the types I recommend.
Phosphatidylserine is an excellent supplement for the brain, as it improves short-term focus and memory. Phosphatidylserine is readily available at quality supplement stores. You might even be able to find it at your local health food store.
So those are what I consider to be the best brain supplements out there for increasing your cognitive ability and keeping your brain healthy for a lifetime. I hope you ace many tests and meet many challenges using these supplements!
Fibromyalgia or fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) is a long-term condition characterized by chronic widespread pain and a heightened and painful response to pressure (allodynia). Other common symptoms include increased sensitivity to pain (hyperalgesia), fatigue, muscle stiffness and poor sleep quality. Fibromyalgia is seven times more common in women than in men and about 1 in 25 people will develop it in the course of their life, typically between the ages of 30 and 50. The exact causes of fibromyalgia are still unknown, but are believed to involve a combination of psychological, genetic, neurobiological and environmental factors. There is currently no cure for fibromyalgia, but there are several treatments that can help relieve its symptoms and make the condition easier to cope with.
Over the past few years, a growing number of people affected by fibromyalgia have turned to acupressure in order to relieve its symptoms in a totally natural manner—no painkillers, antidepressants or other obscure medicines to ingest. Acupressure (not to be confused with acupuncture) is an ancient healing technique based on the application of physical pressure on specific points on the body. Such pressure boosts blood circulation and encourages the body to release endorphins and oxytocin, thereby relieving pain and muscle tension and facilitating sleep.
Likewise, magnet therapy (aka magnetic therapy) has been employed for centuries to relieve pain through the healing power of magnets. When placed on the skin (as close to the source of pain as possible), magnets not only improve peripheral blood circulation, but also reduce inflammation—which can be extremely helpful in alleviating many of the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Moreover, inflammation damages individual cells by altering their ionic balance: the chemical balance of the cell changes and cellular degeneration occurs. Magnets, however, can help restore cellular balance by pulling the disrupted ions back into alignment, re-polarizing cells at mitochondrial level and encouraging fibroblasts to produce new collagen.
Today, it is possible to enjoy the benefits of both acupressure and magnet therapy through a single device: the “magnetic acupressure mat”. Such mat is characterized by the “spiky” plastic discs and the cylindrical bio-magnets covering one of its sides. However, although many different mats are now available on the market, not all of them are equally effective. In order to choose only the best ones, it is essential to pay attention to a number of factors. First of all, the said plastic discs. These are commonly known as “flowers” or “florets” and feature a series of tips whose shape should be pyramidal. Also, the number of tips per floret should range between 30 and 36. A lower number may make acupressure too uncomfortable (and nearly unbearable to fibromyalgia sufferers), whereas a higher number may render it too “bland” and, consequently, ineffective. It is also important to check out the mat’s padding. The best acupressure mats, in fact, are those filled with vegetable fibres (coir, spelt chaff, etc.) as they are breathable, do not lose their shape over time, do not attract mites, and, more importantly, ensure a more uniform and balanced acupressure. Moreover, unlike foam rubber and other by-products of crude oil, vegetable fibres are completely natural and environment-friendly. Finally, the magnets should be negatively-charged and positioned on the mat according to the principles of Stable Field Naturopathic Magnet Therapy. By following these simple tips, you will be able to choose the best acupressure mat and relieve many of the symptoms of fibromyalgia in a rapid and effective fashion.
Gelatin capsules are commonly derived from gelatin that is used to enclose various nutritional supplements. These are refined from animal products. Their shells have no taste and therefore these are easy to swallow.
Gelatin capsules have advantages for both manufacturers and its users as well. To know about the health benefits of these capsules, have a look at the below-mentioned points.
Anti-aging: Undoubtedly, gelatin capsules can do wonders for your skin. It helps to regenerate skin cells and make your skin glowing and blemish free all the time. It is a good product to use in anti-aging creams or lotions because it hides all the signs of aging.
Wrinkles: Is your skin look older than you because of wrinkles? Want to get rid of wrinkles on your face? If yes, so gelatin capsules are the right product for you to use. These capsules are made from animal products and therefore, contain some amino acids in it, which helps to give you a wrinkle-free skin.
Weight Loss: One of the common problems of our today’s generation is heavy weights which actually ruins their self-confidence and to get rid of it, they use so many tablets or pills that never give them any result. Now you don’t need to worry because these capsules are really helpful in weight loss because it is full of protein, which helps you to eat less. By the way of these capsules, you can quickly reduce your weight without any side-effects.
Healthy Bones: Another major benefit of consuming gelatin capsules is that it helps to strengthen your bones. These capsules actually contain calcium, magnesium, silicon, and trace minerals, which help to stronger your bones. And therefore it is widely used in various joint pain treatments.
Hormone Balance: These are really helpful in balancing hormones because of the presence of amino acid in it. It makes your body healthy and active as well.
Reduce Food Allergies: No doubt, the problem of food allergy is common in people and to get rid of this no option is better than the gelatin capsules. These capsules help to improve your digestive system, which in result helps to reduce food allergies.
Concluding from the above, now you can say that gelatin capsules actually have various health benefits, and you should use it. However, one thing to keep in mind before consuming these capsules is that, don’t forget to take the advice or help of a doctor or practitioners, who guide you the right way of consuming them for getting useful results.
Over The Counter (OTC) Analgesics or painkillers are drugs that act at different levels of the pain transmission pathway. Aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs) and many others act peripherally, while some others agents, such as opioids act on the central nervous system (CNS). While anticonvulsants act on neurogenic pain, muscle relaxants act on pain due to muscle spasm. These analgesics are helpful in pain management; however, they also have adverse effects.
The reasons for the growth of the OTC analgesics market
· Increasing demand for topical analgesics, which are available as pain-relieving creams, lotions, rubs, gels, and sprays. This has increased the sale of analgesics by 18%, according to Kline Nonprescription Drugs USA report.
· Increasing global geriatric population is expected to generate higher demand for pain relief products. In the United States, about 23% of the people were expected to cross 55 years of age in 2015.
· Product innovation to improve performance, in terms of speed and strength, and further, improve the length of the effect.
· Cost saving, as there would be no need to visit a doctor/physician. It is estimated that the US healthcare system saves USD 6-7 for every USD 1 spent on OTC medicines.
However, anything in excess can take a toll and it is no different with OTC analgesics. The common side-effects include constipation, drowsiness, dizziness, upset stomach, heart attack or stroke. These drugs can cause serious changes in the brain and body. Long-term use of painkillers increases addiction and dependency on the drugs. In the United States, painkillers are the second most abused substances, after marijuana. Pain, in some form or the other, is part of one’s daily life, hence, the need for painkillers.
A report by a market research firm estimates a double-digit growth rate for the Global OTC Analgesics Market, estimated to become a market worth USD 20.79 billion by 2022.
The OTC analgesics market is driven by the better performance of premium-priced branded products as compared to generic OTC analgesics.
Hurdles for the market include:
Uncontrolled prescription of opioids, drug abuse, and unregulated government policies are acting as hurdles for this market.
The Way Ahead:
Innovation in OTC analgesics, like absorption dimension that drives a fast action of analgesics, improved performance, multi-action of analgesics, and high specialization in reducing symptoms of specific ailments, are expected to drive market in the future. Availability of various analgesic drugs in online, owing to increasing number of online pharmacies, is driving the OTC analgesics market.